☐ 16 oz Cavatappi Pasta, Cooked
☐ 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
☐ 1 tsp Kosher salt
☐ ½ cup flour for dredging
☐ ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
☐ 1 egg, beaten
☐ ¼ tsp ground black pepper
☐ ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
☐ 1 tbsp butter
☐ ¼ cup chicken broth
☐ 1 small onions, chopped
☐ ¾ pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
☐ 1 clove of garlic, crushed
☐ ¼ tsp dried thyme
☐ ½ cup sour cream
☐ ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in a bowl. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, egg, and panko breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium high heat. When the oil is hot, place the chicken in the pan, skin-side down.
Cook until lightly browned on all sides.
- Butter a roasting pan. Arrange the chicken pieces in the pan in a single layer, skin side up. Pour chicken broth over it, and bake at 350°F until the chicken pieces are cooked through about 25 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add the onions and cook until they are soft and translucent, about 6 minutes. Set aside. Add the mushrooms with the crushed garlic and the thyme. Increase the heat to medium high and cook the mushrooms until they are lightly browned. Add the sour cream and the heavy cream to the onions and mushrooms. Add cooked Cavatappi Pasta. Lower the heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. Thanks. :)
Hope you enjoy!
SHOP THE BLOG