Seared Scallops & Sauteed Swiss Chard over Polenta: ☐ 4 scallops
☐ 3½ oz Swiss chard
☐ 2 oz polenta
☐ 1 shallot
☐ 1 clove garlic
☐ ¼ lemon
☐ 13 oz vegetable broth
☐ 5 ozwhole milk
☐ 3 tbsp unsalted butter
☐ ½ oz Parmesan cheese (grated)
☐ 1 tsp thyme
☐ olive oil (for frying)
Basil Pesto Farfalle:
☐ 4 oz farfalle pasta
☐ 2-3 tbsp Basil Pesto Sauce
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place farfalle in pot and cook 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente; drain. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the pasta and basil pesto. Cook, stirring occasionally. Add some of the reserved pasta water, if necessary, to make a light sauce.
- Add vegetable stock and milk in a pot. Slowly add polenta, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Reduce heat and continue stirring for until polenta thickens, approximately 7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and grated Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Sauté the Swiss chard along with shallots and garlic for approximately 3 minutes. Deglaze with lemon juice and vegetable stock. Add butter and season with salt, pepper, and lemon zest.
- Salt scallops on both sides. Sear scallops on both sides until golden brown. Add thyme and garlic clove. Add butter. Remove and let drain on paper towels.
- Serve Basil Pesto Farfalle, polenta with Swiss chard, and scallops on top.
Hope you enjoy!