1 pie - 8" or 9" round cake pan
☐ 4 cups cornflakes, crush into crumbs
☐ 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
☐ 5 large eggs
☐ 2 ½ cups whole milk
☐ ½ cup Thai tea, loose leaf
☐ ½ teaspoon kosher salt
☐ 3 tbsp cornstarch
☐ ¼ cup sugar
☐ 2 tbsp condensed milk
☐ 2 tbsp unsalted butter
☐ ¼ cup chocolate hazelnut spread, melted
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F (160˚C).
- Combine the cereal crumbs with the melted butter in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Pour the crumb mixture to a pie dish or baking pan. Press evenly against the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Bake about 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat the milk over medium-high heat and bring to simmer. Add the Thai tea leaves and stir into the hot milk. Turn off the heat and let the tea steep for 30 minutes.
- Whisk together the egg yolks, salt, cornstarch, and sugar In a bowl. Slowly pour in the Thai tea mixture using a fine-mesh sieve over the bowl with the egg mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Heat the Thai tea mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Add the butter and condensed milk and whisk until the filling is smooth. Set aside.
- Brush the chocolate hazelnut spread over the bottom of the cooled crust. Pour the Thai tea filling into the crust and spread evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the pie until set or overnight. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. Thanks. :)
SHOP THE BLOG
Hope you enjoy!